Monday 10 June 2019

cultural festival

Recently our school held a Southern Bay Of Island Cultural Festival. It included performances such as Kapa Haka, Waka commands and Hula there were also competitions in between performances.
I liked how the schools who came participated in performing some didn't perform but they came and supported in the audience. It was a very eventful day and full of good performers. When I stood and performed with my ropu I felt nervous as I took one step onto the atamira but hearing everyone cheer and feeling the wairua of the ropu gave me confidence.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tamarah, my name is AJ and I m a year 6 in my class Te Ngahere at Paihia school. I really like your blog post about the cultural festival. The photos are so amazing. Lots of my friends are in the kapa haka group from school. I really like how you added photos of different schools. Do you enjoy kapa haka?Keep up the good work. Maybe if you have time you could check out my blog at : https://psaurora-janem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tamarah Ko Breeze Ahau. Ko Paihia Toku Kura. I went through you blog and I saw a blog post about the Culture Festival. I like how you added pictures of the performances. I was also at the Culture Festival, the first picture that is on your blog post is my Kura. At first I was so scared to perform because Kawakawa kura is Awesome. I hoped you liked the Culture Festival and our performance. Do you enjoy Kapa Haka?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Tamarah ko Angela ahau. Ko Paihia taku Kura. I like how you added pictures of the performances. My Kura also went to the Cultural festival to represent our Kura. The first picture that is on your blog post is my Kura. I’m not actually in the Kapa Haka Roopu but I do Kapa Haka with the rest of the school. Do you enjoy Kapa Haka?

    ReplyDelete